The IRFU (Ulster Branch) has teamed up with the Donnelly Motor Group to provide a platform for local rugby clubs to help themselves raise, potentially, over £350,000 for grassroots rugby.
The ‘Your Club Your Country’ initiative will enable the 44 registered rugby clubs in Northern Ireland to boost club finances by selling tickets for a competition to name the greatest Ulster team of the professional era.
Humphreys, Pienaar, Ward, Ferris… the competition will no doubt be discussed at length at rugby grounds around the Province, as fans try to match the selection of a media panel.
The prizes are truly fantastic with the Donnelly Group kindly donating a new car as first prize and the IRFU putting up a long list of amazing rugby packages and tickets.
Competition tickets (limited to 800 per club) priced £10 will be sold through the clubs with all proceeds going straight into rugby club funds.
Speaking at the launch at Ravenhill today, IRFU (Ulster Branch) Domestic Rugby Manager David Boyd said:
“By their generous support of this IRFU initiative the Donnelly Group are helping to inject much needed funds directly into 44 rugby clubs in Northern Ireland. I know that I can speak on behalf of the rugby clubs and the IRFU Ulster Branch in thanking them for their support of grassroots rugby.”
Avid rugby fan Raymond Donnelly, Director of the Donnelly Group which is Northern Ireland’s largest independent new and used car dealership said:
“Over the past 65 years, the Donnelly Group has supported local rugby through club sponsorships at locations around our seven showrooms across the Province, including Armoy, Armagh, Ballymena, City of Derry, Dungannon and Enniskillen rugby clubs.
“Indeed we supply cars to countless rugby players, officials and supporters across Northern Ireland.
“We’re delighted to develop our support further and assist the development of grassroots rugby.
“The winner will have their pick of one of four brand new cars and we hope the choice will be much easier than picking the greatest Ulster team of the professional era!”
“Good luck to everyone that enters and I look forward to discussing the greatest selection with the winner.”
The winner will be announced on Tuesday 15th January 2013.
‘Your Club Your Country’ Prizes
1. A brand new car from Donnelly Group, the largest independent car retailer in Northern Ireland. The winner will have a choice of 4 different makes of car.
2. A VIP package for 2 persons including flights, accommodation and match tickets for the Italy v Ireland 2013 6 Nations match at the Olympic Stadium, Rome.
3. A VIP package for 2 persons including flights, accommodation and match tickets for the Scotland v Ireland 2013 6 Nations match at Murrayfield, Edinburgh.
4. A VIP package for 2 persons including flights accommodation and match tickets for the Wales v Ireland 2013 6 Nations match at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff.
5. A VIP package for 2 persons including pre match lunch, post match reception and match tickets at the Ireland v England 2013 6 Nations match at the Aviva Stadium.
6. A VIP package for 2 persons including pre match lunch, post match reception and match tickets at the Ireland v France 2013 6 Nations match at the Aviva Stadium.
7. A Corporate Box for 14 people at Ravenhill for the Ulster v Zebre match (food and beverages not included).
8. An Ulster Rugby Home shirt signed by the current squad (7 separate prizes).
9. Premium Lounge tickets for 2 persons for Ulster v Treviso at Ravenhill (6 separate prizes).
About the Donnelly Group
• The Donnelly Motor Group is the largest independent new and used car dealership in Northern Ireland. The Group has seven sites and offers new vehicles from an incredible 18 manufacturers. The Group sells more than 15,000 vehicles a year and employs over 600 people.