Letterkenny Tag Rugby Festival: Report & Pictures Of All the Teams

2 minutes, 20 seconds Read

The sun was shining down on the Glebe this Saturday as everyone gathered to take part in Letterkenny Rugby Clubs annual Tag Festival. Over one hundred players took to the field with aspirations of being crowned champions but alas only 1 team could come away with victory. The competition was split into 2 groups with a total of 5 teams per group… Group A was appropriately nicknamed the pool of Death as it was to play host to the 2 top teams in the competition. Those were, The Ballhogs captained by Damien Williamson and last years winners, The Big Bicep Super Tag Select captained by Brian McRory. (both Letterkenny based teams). With 2 teams to progress to the cup from each group it looked like it would be a doddle for the afore mentioned team, however the group proved trickier than expected as a surprise entry looked to cause an upset. The Tryceptuals captained by Tony McBride, turned out to be the team to beat in the group as they managed a draw with the 2 favourites and a win against the rest of the group. Only 2 teams could progress to the cup and when The Ballhogs got the better of the Big Bicep Super Tag Select, it meant they would be losing their title. With the Tryceptuals and the Ballhogs progressing from the group of death to the semi finals they met their opponents from the “easier” side of the draw. Ballhogs who topped the group took on yet another Letterkenny based team captained by Anne Robinson. A shock was in store when her team managed to get the better of the Hogs with some fine running from big centre Andy Gibson and some neat finishing from Robinson herself.

CLICK HERE for 33 pictures courtesy of Anne Robinson

Unfortunately for the Tryceptuals, some of their team had to head for the hills before the semi final leaving them weakened for the clash with the Finn Valley Dolphins. Alas it was to be the end of the Tryceptuals as The Dolphins came out on top 3 scores to 2 in controversial circumstances. Meanwhile in the shield, The Biceps saw off the challenges of Inis Owen and Finn Valley Dragons to claim some silverwear again. The final of the cup took place then between The Dragons and the Robinsons. A very tight match saw the scores level at 5-5 after full time. This meant sudden death for the two teams. Letterkenny came out on top though with the winning try set up by Jimmy McNicholl putting the winger away in the corner.

A great day was had, with the sun beating down and the smell of the Barbie wafting around the glebe. Letterkenny would like to thank all the teams who participated yesterday and look forward to doing battle again for the coming season.

By Tony McBride

Arab online casinos on ازينو على الانترنت with arab casino games.

Similar Posts