Nutty Krust Flood Light Tournament: Game 1 – Ballynahinch RFC U19 I XV 13 v Ballymena RFC U19 I XV 0: Official Tournament Organisers Report + 300 Action Shots Live HERE

2 minutes, 42 seconds Read

Ballymena Vs Ballynahinch 20/02/2013 KO 19.45

Ballymena kicked off their first round match against Ballynahinch on a chilly night at Chambers Park.
It was billed as a match to watch with both sides being described as equal in stature and skill so all
those who braved the elements were very much looking forward to a closely contested affair.
CLICK HERE for the shots
Ballymena had the vast share of possesion during the first 5 minutes but failed to deliver despite holding Hinch in and around their try line for the majority of their possession. Hinch were dogged in defence and after pushing Ballymena back with some great pressure found themselves with a penalty in a good position which was converted by Matthew McClelland just before the 10 minute mark.

It was business as usual after Hinch’s penalty and Ballymena were pressing hard. Once again they found themselves in and around Hinch’s 5 but simply couldn’t break through their defence. Ballynahinch cleared their lines after an injury gave them room for some respite but a few minutes later both teams were once again planted on Hinch’s 5. Tenacious defending and a good break from Ross Johnston earned Hinch a breather in the middle of the park.

A good break from Ballymena saw them coming as close as they had that half when great passing saw them sure to cross into touch but indecision between whether to pass or push ended with a turnover and the ball being cleared.

Half time Ballymena – 0 Ballynahinch – 3.

Ballynahinch got us on our way for the second half and for the first 15 minutes it was the same scrappy
contest as it was in the first half; the major difference being the action was taking place in the middle
of the park rather than on Hinch’s back foot. A good run from Lee Spence almost found a way through but the pressure didn’t tell and Hinch were held back.

Shane McBurney found himself in the sin bin for a late tackle, which gifted Ballynahinch a penalty in a great area that could bring the score to 6 nil. They refused the kick and tried to barge their way through but just as Hinch had on so many occasions in the first half Ballymena held their lines and cleared after a 5 yard scrum in this very physical contest.

On the 30 minute mark after a pretty poor line out Lee Spence burst through Ballymena’s lines and played it out to Owen Jarue who scored the first try of the night which was brilliantly converted by Matthew McClelland with not the easiest of angles.

With that we were back to the same affair we had all became accustomed to in the course of the match; the ball stuck between a rock and a hard place while each side battled for inches. Hinch earned themselves a penalty after 35 minutes which was neatly converted by McClelland.

The match finished Ballymena 0 Ballynahinch 13. The scoreline seems slightly unfair to Ballymena who battled just as hard as Hinch but when it came to taking their chances Ballynahinch did whereas Ballymena just couldn’t break their dogged ranks. The Nutty Crust man of match went to Lee Spence whose mazy runs really was the difference in a match that could’ve just as easily been stalemate.

Arab online casinos on ازينو على الانترنت with arab casino games.

Similar Posts