Enniskillen RFC Notes: I XV 41 v Limavady RFC I XV 8 – Report LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes, 0 seconds Read

Enniskillen – 41 Limavady – 8

Enniskillen continued their recent good form by exacting revenge on the visitors for a defeat earlier in the season, during the side’s only run of poor results.

‘Skins replaced the absent Chris McVitty with Nick Finlay who fitted in smoothly to the home team’s gameplan, however It was Limavady who scored first. Following a missed kick to touch the visitors moved the ball quickly to their speedy right winger who scored in the corner.

Having taken the early lead the visitors were invigorated and for a short spell, using the strong wind, they camped in the ‘Skins’ half, but ‘Skins managed to regain possession and force their way downfield, where the ball was moved to Michael Law who still had a lot to do. With a combination of strength, bulk and forward motion, the burly centre carried himself, the ball and several defenders over the line for an excellent try, which Finlay converted.

Limavady responded well and regained the lead with a penalty but this was to be short-lived.

‘Skins forwards were now producing some excellent phases of play and committing the Limavady forwards to the rucks and mauls, and from one such series of forward driving Jamie Johnston celebrated his return to the team with a try, which was again converted.

Limavady tried using the wind, kicking long, but the ‘Skins back three were very sound under the high ball and defensively sound. There was a further penalty from Finlay to leave the half-time score 17 – 8.

Skins upped the level of performance in the second half and continued to drive at the heart of the Limavady pack, and with a lot of possession, based on great work in both the set-pieces and breakdown situation, the tries started to flow.

Johnston scored his second try after a galloping 60-metre run, then Finlay ran and dummied his way over. As the Limavady legs began to tire there was no let-up and Alan Wilkinson and David Buchanan added further scores.

Finally the referee blew up the match ten minutes early to allow the frozen players and spectators to reach the sanctuary of the clubhouse.

All eyes now turn to the Towns’ Cup semi-final away to City of Derry next Saturday. ‘Skins team is maturing nicely but is sure to receive a searching examination from former Enniskillen stalwarts, Gareth Beatty, Bob McKillop and Rodney Balfour. There may be some divided loyalties evident next Saturday!

Similar Posts