Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ Round Up Saturday 6th October 2018

7 minutes, 43 seconds Read

To follow INTOUCH RUGBY on Facebook CLICK HERE to Follow InTouch Schools & Clubs Rugby in Ulster & Lifestyle Specials page on Facebook CLICK HERE for TWITTER CLICK HERE

Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ Round Up Saturday 6th October 2018
There were three midweek games played in the lead up to a full list of schools’ fixtures on Saturday 6th October.
On Wednesday 3rd October Campbell College, Belfast hosted Regent House School in a game the Campbell College team won by 43-17. Kyle Gill touched down twice for the Campbell College team with Kieran Robertson, Finlay Parkes, Jack Bonner, Jack Bole and Harry Owens each touching down once. Dara Gaskin was successful with four conversions.
The Regent House points came through tries from Ryan Uprichard, Ewan McCracken and Matty McFarland. Stuart Martin converted one of the tries.
Foyle and Londonderry College hosted their near neighbours from Limavady Grammar School in a closely contested game that finished with a 5-5 draw. The Foyle College points came through an unconverted try from Jack Kelly with Jamie Clements doing likewise for the Limavady Grammar School team.
On Thursday 4th October a Royal Belfast Academical Institution U17 team played played Newington College from New South Wales. The Belfast Inst team won the game by 14-12 with two tries from Zac Simpson both of which were converted by Josh Patterson.
On Saturday 6th October Belfast High School hosted Ballyclare High School in a game the Ballyclare HS team won by 59-7. The Ballyclare High School team had built up a 31-0 lead by the interval through tries from Ethan Crawford, who touched down twice, Matthew McCullough, Mark Jackson and Jack Gamble. Mark Jackson was successful with three first half conversions.
The second half saw the visitors make use of an extended panel of players. Mark Jackson scored his second try of the game with Adam Clarke, Matty Taylor and Jack Purdy also scoring tries. Mark Jackson was successful with all four second half conversions.
The Belfast High School team put in a spirited performance and got some reward for their endeavours when Cameron McKimm scored a try which Aaron Douglas converted.
Belfast Royal Academy made the Wallace High School team work hard for their 45-15 victory when the teams met at Roughfort. The Belfast Royal Academy team was within touching distance going into the last ten minutes of the game only to see the Wallace HS team score twenty four points in that short period of time.

The Belfast Royal Academy points came through tries from Aaron Heatley and Tom Stewart with a conversion and penalty from Daniel Logan.
Daniel Kilpatrick and Dillon Sedge both scored two tries for the Wallace High School team with Harry Long, Reuben Crothers and Nathan Robinson each scoring one try. Nathan Doak was successful with five of his conversion kicks.
Cambridge House School defeated Antrim Grammar School by 56-7 in a game that saw the Cambridge House School team score eight converted tries. Rhys Ervine capped a fine personal performance with a hat trick with James McNabney, Josh Kirkpatrick, Robbie Gray, Josh Mark and Andrew Wilson each touching down for one try. Rory McCandless had a superb morning off the tee with eight successful conversions.
The Antrim Grammar School points came through a converted try from Callum Hull.
Coleraine Grammar School hosted the Royal Belfast Academical Institution team in a closely contested game the Belfast Inst team won by 15-6. The visitors had built up a 5-3 lead by half time with an unconverted try from Bradley McNamara. The Coleraine GS points came from a Pierce Crowe penalty.
Pierce converted a second half penalty for the Coleraine Grammar School team but the Royal Belfast Academical Institution team secured their 15-6 win through a Jude Posthlewaite try, which Robin McIlveen converted, as well as a Robin McIlveen penalty.
Down High School hosted Portadown College in a game the Portadown College team won by 37-17. Cameron Manderson and Andrew McCoubrey scored tries for the Down High School team with Greg Hutley adding two conversions as well as one penalty.
Jordan McAteer, Drew Fleck with two, Dylan Nelson and Scott McDowell scored the Portadown College tries. Adam Speers added two penalties and three conversions to secure the 37-17 victory for the Portadown College team.
Foyle and Londonderry College hosted Carrickfergus Grammar School in a game the Foyle College team won by 22- 10. Jacob McDermott, Jack Hall, William Finlay and Dane McClements each scored a try for the Foyle College team with Danny Jones adding one conversion.
The Carrickfergus Grammar School points came through unconverted tries from Josh Ervine and Daniel Curley.
Friends’ School, Lisburn recorded a 29-7 win against Grosvenor Grammar School when the teams met at the Magheralave Road venue. A Reece Malone penalty and unconverted try had given the Friends’ School team an 8-0 lead by the break.
Three second half tries from Jack Harte, Max Gillespie and Sam Greer, all of which were converted by Reece Malone, secured the comfortable victory for the Friends’ School, Lisburn team.
Limavady Grammar School hosted Strabane Academy in a high scoring encounter the Limavady GS team won by 37-22. Isaac Deighan with two, Lewis Baldrick, Ross McLaughlin, and Joel Boucher scored the Limavady GS tries with Jamie Clements converting two penalty kicks and James Howe adding three conversions.
The Strabane Academy points came through tries from Reuben Orr, Jordan Mealiff and Jamie Brown with Harry McCrossan adding two conversions as well as one penalty.
Lurgan College hosted Banbridge Academy in a game the Banbridge Academy team won by 38-12. The visitors had built up a 14-0 lead by the break through tries from Leon Mark and Adam Hanna both of which were converted by Andrew Denvir.
Shortly after the restart the Lurgan College team reduced their deficit to 14-7 when Ben Marsden ran in for a try which was converted by Josh Best. Three minutes later the Banbridge Academy lead increased to 21-7 when Jake Houston touched down for a try which Andrew Denvir converted. Back came the Lurgan College team with an unconverted try from Jon Woods to reduce the Banbridge lead to 21-12. Then two Matthew Robinson tries, son of the Lurgan College Principal, Mr Trevor Robinson, one of which was converted by Andrew Denvir, increased the Banbridge Academy lead to 33-12. On the stroke of full time Andrew Denvir ran in for an unconverted try to leave the Banbridge Academy team as deserved 38-12 winners.
Methodist College, Belfast defeated Ballymena Academy by 54-8 when the teams contested the Young Cup at Pirrie Park. Ulster U19 winger, Chris Larmour, scored a hat trick of tries for the Methody team with fellow Ulster U19 players, Robbie Armstrong touching down twice and Ethan McIlroy touching down once. Ben Gourley and Tom O’ Doherty each scored one try. Ethan McIlroy was successful with seven of his conversion kicks.
The Ballymena Academy points came through a Frankie Andrews try and a Ross McKay penalty.
At the Meadowbank Stadium in Magherafelt Omagh Academy and Royal School, Dungannon played out a closely contested game which the Omagh Academy team won by 17-16. The Omagh Academy points came from Ryan Armstrong, Robbie Sproule and Harry Stephenson tries, one of which was converted by Will Stewart.
The Royal School Dungannon points came from unconverted tries from Jordan Redmond and Jack Girvan alongside two Luke McMullan penalties.
Rainey Endowed School recorded a hard earned, but well-deserved 15-7 victory against Enniskillen Royal Grammar School. In a closely contested game the Enniskillen Royal Grammar School team took a 7-0 lead when Robbie Mills touched down for a try which Eddie Keys converted. Close to the end of the first half the Rainey Endowed School responded with an unconverted try from David Dripps, who took full advantage of some great work from Jonathan Drennan, to leave the Rainey ES team 7-5 in arrears at the interval,.
The Enniskillen RGS team started the second half strongly but the Rainey defence was well-organised and worked hard to keep the Rainey line intact. Midway through the second period Aidan McDonald and Ross Speers combined to put David Dripps into space. Daivid displayed excellent pace to leave a trail of despairing Enniskillen RGS defenders in his wake before he touched down under the posts for a try. Harry Evans added the extras to put the Rainey team into a 12-7 lead. With the clock running down Harry Evans converted a penalty opportunity which secured the 15-7 victory for the Rainey Endowed School team.
The scheduled Royal School, Armagh v Blackrock College, Dublin game was cancelled on Saturday morning when Blackrock College informed the Royal School, Armagh staff the Blackrock College team would not be travelling.
Sullivan Upper School hosted Bangor Grammar School in a game the Sullivan Upper team won by 33-10. The home team had taken a 21-0 lead into the break with tries from Shay Storey, who scored twice, and Thomas Leitch. Conor McKee was successful with all three conversions.
The Bangor Grammar School team staged something of a comeback in the opening stages of the second have. Conor Lusty and Gareth Wells touched down for unconverted tries but the Sullivan Upper team secured their 33-10 win with tries from Harry Baird and Jamie Thallon one of which was converted by Conor McKee.

Similar Posts