Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ Round Up Saturday 9th November 2013. By Barney McGonigle

12 minutes, 17 seconds Read

Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ Round Up Saturday 9th November 2013.

Limavady Grammar School played Regent House during the half term break and won the game by 38-21.

This was an opportunity for the Limavady GS team to get back to winning ways following their recent loss to the Rainey Endowed School team. The Limavady boys made sure they were not going to lose this game with a very positive display against the Regent House team. Regent exerted early pressure and, with Limavady infringing at a number of rucks, Regent had a line out deep in the Limavady half. Clean ball saw a break in the back line and the Regent full back crossed over the Limavady line. Limavady responded well and obtained several penalties at the ruck area. From a driving maul, No 8, Sheagh McLaughlin, broke through and made a run for the line. After a number of drives at the line, Michael Rice crashed over for a try. The conversion was added by Scott McLean. Two minutes later Scott McLean added a penalty to give the Limavady team a 10-7 lead. The end of the first half saw Limavady control the game. A break from inside their own half saw winger, Tom McClelland, run in from over 50 metres, to score a try converted by Scott McLean to give his Limavady GS team a17-7 lead at half time.
Limavady carried on from their strong first half and added another two converted tries through Sheagh McLaughlin and Brendan Ferguson. By now Limavady had opened up a sizeable lead and made several changes. These changes disrupted the flow of their game and Regent forced their way into the game. The regent Houser team added two quick converted tries through breakaways out wide. Limavady managed to maintain their control and, after a clever chip from scrum half, Ross Allen, No 8 Sheagh McLaughlin crossed the Regent House line to touch down for his second try. Scott McLean added his fifth conversion ofthe game to give his Limavady team a 38-21 win. The home side performed well for the majority of the game. However, with key players returning from injury in the coming weeks, better performances are expected.

Reports were received on a number of midweek games in the lead up to a full list of fixtures on Saturday 9th November.

Dalriada School hosted their close neighbours, Coleraine Academical Institution, in a midweek game that finished in a honourable 7-7 draw.

Coleraine AI started brightly with Johnny Crowe and Conor Shiels controlling the game with some excellent tactical kicking. Coleraine AI dominated possession and territory with Dalriada rarely able to get out of their half! The forwards led, by Ollie McDowell and Thomas Pethick, mader some excellent charges. However, Dalriada defended superbly and a combination of good defence and Coleraine errors kept the score at 0-0. That was until James Bleakly took an excellent catch from a lineout and his second row partner, Thomas Pethick, crashed over to score a try for the his Coleraine AI team. Conor Shiels converted the try to give his team, a 7-0 lead, a lead they held until the interval.
Dalriada started the second half well and came close to scoring on a number of occasions with their winger, Gavin McCaughern, asking questions of a resolute Coleraine AI defence on a number of occasions. Dalriada’s persistence finally paid off as Peter Dunlop scored under the posts, from a well worked move. The try was converted by Timmy Emerson to take the score to 7-7 with only five minutes remaining. Conor Shiels made have won the game for the Coleraine AI team with a drop goal attempt but his kick was charged down and the game finished with a 7-7 draw.

It was another bad day at the office for the Friends’ School team which lost out to Wellington College, by 29-0, when the two teams met in Lisburn.

The Wellington College team scored three first half tries through David Montgomery, who touched down twice, and Josh Garnham. Andy Hanna converted one try to give his team a 17-0 lead at the break.
Andy then proceeded to score two tries in the second half, one of which he converted, to ensure a sound 29-0 win for the Wellington College team. Wellington College centre, Jonny Lindsay, received his team’s “Man of the Match” award after the final whistle while Zac Finlay put in a good performance for the Friends’ School team.

Ballymena Academy travelled to play Belfast High School and came away from the fixture with a hard earned 17-10 victory.

This was the first time the Belfast High School team had been defeated this season. Following a four-day training camp outside Dublin, Ballymena Academy returned north via the Shore Road to lock horns with Belfast High School, themselves recently returned from a successful three match tour of Italy. Ballymena were still without the services of Josh McIlroy and Justin Jolly whilst the home school were missing the injured Lewis Benson. Belfast High School took the field hoping to maintain their undefeated start to the season. However, it was Ballymena who started the stronger with an early domination of territory and possession. The Galgorm Road side created several try-scoring opportunities but careless mistakes meant that they didn’t add to Marcus Rea’s successful early penalty. Mid-way through the first half, Belfast High scored an outstanding try. Ballymena kicked away possession and the home team initiated a counter-attack from the edge of their 22 m area which culminated in Jordan Garford touching down in the corner. The successful conversion stretched the lead to 7-3. Moments before half time, following a telling break from Jonathan Rosborough, Ballymena secured possession from a line-out and Duncan Maguire touched down from the back of the dynamic maul. Marcus Rea’s conversion left the score reading 10 – 7 at half time.
In the second half, Belfast High School enjoyed much of the territorial advantage and a penalty levelled the scores. Ballymena bounced back almost immediately when a Gary Small break created space for Tom Alexander to finish in the corner. Marcus Rea’s conversion kick was the last points of the day to leave the final score 17-10 to Ballymena Academy.

Lurgan College and Omagh Academy played out a game which ended in a 10-10 draw when the two teams met at the Lough Road venue on Saturday 9th November.

Omagh took a first minute 7-0 lead when they intercepted a stray Lurgan College pass to touch down for a converted try. Three minutes later Matthew Laird took advantage of some phase play by his Lurgan College team mates to run in for a try. Mark McIlwaine converted the try to tie the score at 7-7. Both teams had opportunities to add to the score but both defences the score remained at 7-7 until the break.
Omagh Academy took a 10-7 lead when they kicked a penalty two minutes after the restart. Mark McIlwaine drew the score level at 10-10, some three minutes later, when he converted a penalty kick for his Lurgan College team. The remainder of the game was evenly contested by both teams and there were no further scores.

Wallace High School took their 1st xv to play Clongowes Wood College and lost the game by 17-6.

Ryan Moore converted two penalty kicks for the Wallace High School team. Both teams had players on view who had taken part in the recent IRFU U18 Schools’ and U19 Talent ID Camp which took place over the mid-term break at the excellent facilities provided by Campbell College.

A mixture of the Wallace High School 2nd and 3rdxv’s travelled to play Portadown College 1stxv in a game the Portadown team won by 43-17.

The young Wallace HS team scored tries through Neil Kilpatrick and Nathan Harper, who touched down twice. Adam Heaps added one conversion.

Rainey Endowed School hosted the Royal School, Dungannon team in a game the Rainey Endowed team won by 25-5.

The Rainey team had built up a 15-0 lead at the end of the first half with unconverted tries from Mark Kavanagh, Cameron Noble and Rory Nicholl.
In the second half the Rainey Endowed team scored two further unconverted tries from Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ U18 player, Conall Murphy, and the talented Timmy Andrews. The Royal School, Dungannon team scored one unconverted second half try through Jack Milligan.

Belfast Royal Academy scored a welcome 13-10 win against a Bangor Grammar School team that had shown some good form in recent outings.

The Bangor team played with the wind in the first half and had opened up a 10-0 lead at the interval with a converted try and a penalty.
The second half saw the Belfast Royal Academy team score a try through the impressive Gareth McAdams, who linked well with Nathan Rooney, before touching down. Michael Wilson added the conversion to reduce the arrears to 10-7. Michael then converted a penalty kick to take the score board to 10-10. A second Michael Wilson penalty then secured the 13-10 win for the Belfast Royal Academy team.

Foyle and Londonderry College took the opportunity to play an extended squad of players when they played the City of Derry RFC U19 team.

This gave the Foyle College coaching staff the chance to see a number of fringe players perform in a competitive game. The Foyle College team scored seven tries, three of which were converted, to record a 41-0 victory.

Banbridge Academy played Carrickfergus Grammar School and recorded a fine 29-0 win.

Young Year 12 flanker, Andy Neill, making his 1stxv debut scored a try, which Daniel McElderry converted, to give the Banbridge Academy team a 7-0 lead midway through the first half. Five minutes later Daniel McElderry was successful with a penalty kick to put his team into a 10-0 lead, a lead they held until the half time whistle.
Five minutes after the restart Banbridge Academy extended their lead to 15-0 when Samuel McCracken touched down for an unconverted try. With just ten minutes of the game remaining the Banbridge Academy prop, Nathan Grey, scored a try. Daniel McElderry added the extras to give the Banbridge Academy team a 22-0 lead. The game finished as it started with Andy Neill scoring his second try of the game and Daniel McElderry adding the conversion to ensure a 29-0 win for the Banbridge Academy team. The performances of Banbridge Academy players such as Andy Neill, as well as the Carson brothers, Ben and Rory, would have impressed the spectators watching this game.

Ballyclare High School played Grosvenor Grammar School and won the game by 24-0.

The Co Antrim team scored an unconverted try through Reuben Heyburn, slightly against the run of play, midway through the first half. This score gave them a 5-0 lead, a lead they until the break.
The Ballyclare HS team went on to dominate proceedings in the second half and they took advantage of numerous Grosvenor Grammar School errors. Reuben Heyburn scored his second try of the game ten minutes into the second half, a try which Matty McDowell converted, to increase their lead to 12-0. In the final seven minutes of the game they then scored two tries through Ethan Beattie and Patrick Mooey, one of which was converted by Matty McDowell, to ensure their 24-0 victory.

Sullivan Upper produced a display of power, pace, panache and penetration against the Royal School, Armagh team when the two sides met in Holywood.

The Sullivan Upper, almost back to full strength, recorded an emphatic 67-0 win. They were 26-0 in the lead by half time. Michael Cartmill, David McMaster, Chris Jordan and Mark Crockford scored the first half tries with Mark Adair adding three conversions.
The second half was an even more one-sided affair with Sullivan displaying great determination and skill to put away a resolute, but ultimately well beaten, RS Armagh team. Further tries from Michael Cartmill, who completed his hat trick, Josh Davidson, David McMaster, Ross Todd and Chris Jordan with Mark Adair adding the remaining points with his trusty boot left the final score reading 67-0.

Coleraine Academical Institution defeated Ballymena Academy by 29-6 when the teams met in Coleraine.
CLICK HERE for action shotssssssssss
The home team was quickly out of the blocks and, ten minutes into the game following quick line out ball, Callum Smith and Conor Shiels combined to send Conor in for a try under the Ballymena Academy posts. Conor converted the try to give his team a 7-0 lead. Five minutes later, Conor converted a penalty kick to extend the Coleraine AI lead to 10-0. The Ballymena Academy defence was penalised once again shortly afterwards. The kick from Conor Shiels rebounded off the upright and was caught by Coleraine AI 2nd Row, James Bleakly. James was delighted to score a try which Conor Shiels converted to increase the Coleraine AI lead to 17-0. The Ballymena Academy team came back into the game and got some reward for their endeavours when Marcus Rea converted a penalty kick to reduce the arrears to 17-3 at the interval.
Ten minutes into the second half a second Marcus Rea penalty reduced the arrears to 17-6 but, from this stage on, it was all Coleraine AI. Midway through the second period of play Conor Shiels touched down for his second try of the game following good work from Daniel McAllister, Kieran Burns and Ryan Gillan. Conor converted the try to increase the Coleraine AI lead to 24-6. In the closing stages of the game, Thomas Pethwick and Ollie McDowell combined to send the Coleraine AI winger, Jake Scott, in for an unconverted try to ensure a well-deserved 29-6 win for the Coleraine Academical Institution team.

Limavady Grammar School played Larne Grammar School with a team decimated with injury and illness.

At one stage The Limavady team had eleven 2ndxv players on the pitch. Despite this, the Co Londonderry team still managed to record a 35-5 victory. Scott McLean put in a “Man of the Match” performance by scoring two tries while Brendan Ferguson, Ethan Sherrard and Jamie Ferguson scored one each. Scott was successful with all five conversions.

Campbell College, Down High School and Dalriada School played out a three team tournament from which the Dalriada School team emerged with two victories.

The Ballymoney boys defeated Down High School by 21-7 and went on to defeat the Campbell College team by 10-7. Peter Dunlop, Timmy Emerson and Henry Loan all played leading roles in the Dalriada successes at the Campbell College “Mini Tournament”

Royal Belfast Academical Institution found themselves without a game due to St Mary’s College, Dublin withdrawing from the fixture earlier in the week. It is hoped to reschedule the game for later in the season.

Arab online casinos on ازينو على الانترنت with arab casino games.

Similar Posts