Cooke Rugby Club Notes: I XV 26 v Dromore I XV 7

1 minute, 55 seconds Read

Fixture: League
Date: Saturday 29th October 2011 KO: 14:30

Cooke continue on their winning ways with a bonus point win at Dromore

On a bright and breezy afternoon, Cooke opened the match by piling on the pressure on the Dromore defence right from the kick-off. Playing with a slight wind advantage, Cooke ran a couple of penalties and were rewarded with a forwards try after 7 minutes, the ball touched down by prop Aaron. Seawright. The try was converted by Tim Murphy. ( Dromore 0 Cooke 7).

Dromore came back at Cooke strongly and looked like they could cross the Cooke line until the Cooke scrum-half, Pete Bennett, made a great break from his own 22, fed Kyle Mitchell who was eventually bundled into touch in the Dromore 22. However Cooke could not take advantage and Dromore broke out of their own half for the centre, Ali Kinghan, to score a good try in the corner after 13 minutes. The try was converted by Lee Steenson. ( Dromore 7 Cooke 7)

On the half hour mark, Cooke full back, Phil Cartmill, made a good break and after being awarded a penalty, Cooke kicked into the Dromore 22. A good tap back from the ensuing line-out by second-row, Graeme Dewhurst, to A. Seawright lead to pressure on the Dromore line. Following a Cooke scrum, the ball was fed on the blind side to winger Keith Armstrong, who scored in the corner, after 30 mins. The try was not converted. (Dromore 7 Cooke 12).

After 27 mins the Dromore centre, S. Morgan, was sin-binned. Cooke took advantage when another fine break by Cartmill led to second try by winger Armstrong after 36 mins. The try was converted by Murphy. (Dromore 7 Cooke 19). Dromore No. 3 was sin binned.

Half-time score: Dromore 7 Cooke 19

After the half-time break, Dromore were immeadiatly on the attack and were rewarded with a penalty that was not converted. Dromore continued to pressurise the Cooke line but a fine break out by the Cooke backs released Cartmill, who was tackled in the Dromore 22. Cooke were given a penalty, which they ran and Armstrong was unlucky not to touch down over the line. (60 mins). After a fine take in the line out, the Cooke backs made a nice move and Cartmill finished the move off with a fine try that was duly converted, after 69 mins. (Dromore 7 Cooke 26).

Final score: Dromore 7 Cooke 26.

The referee was Patrick Rea.

Similar Posts