Rugby League Ireland is looking to appoint a General Manager who has the ability to further develop Rugby League Ireland into a successful and effective sporting body able to expand and offer greater opportunities within the sport for people in Ireland.
They will have excellent communication and business skills, be a well motivated self starter and demonstrate an ability to promote the sport of Rugby League in all areas of the community to a cross section of people.
Package will be around Euro 35k with car and will report directly to the Board of Rugby League Ireland.
Application including CV and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on 10th Sept 2010
Job Title: Rugby League Ireland Business Development Executive
Job Grade: General Manager
Reports to: RLI Board
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop a sustainable platform for the ongoing growth of Rugby League Football in Ireland.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
• To oversee development of RLI company
• Deal with Government Bodies to ensure full recognition of RLI as governing body and linking into all subsidiary bodies
• Act as conduit with any new or professional franchises/teams until setup is complete
• Maintain contact with RFL in order to maintain standards and procedures
• To raise awareness of Rugby League (RL) in the island of Ireland
• Develop and implement an appropriate income generation strategy that will enable the ongoing growth of RL. This will include sales of sponsorship, advertising and sourcing of grant funding.
• Highlight the health benefits of being involved with RL at a participatory level.
• Ensure that all external funding is monitored and accounted for.
• Undertake sponsorship management duties to ensure that sponsors needs are delivered within the terms of the agreement.
• Attend and report on all relevant meetings as directed by the Board of RLI.
• Act as contact for all non playing issues.
• Develop and implement annual marketing plan for RLI to include but not limited to:-
i) PR and Media Management
ii) Drafting and dispatching of ezines
iii) Developing and maintaining a website
iv) Creating links with the local community to promote the game at both participation and viewing level.
v) Membership subscription scheme
• Arrange and manage events to include but not limited to:-
i) Season dinners/launches
ii) Rep games
iii) Other tournaments
iv) Visiting team hospitality
PRINCIPAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, with specific responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all personnel within their control including themselves and for ensuring the overall safe and compliant planning, implementation and monitoring of all activities.
• Reporting of all accidents and/or incidents and near misses in accordance with procedures.
PRINCIPAL LINE MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
• Preparation and delivery of monthly reports and key performance indicators to members of the Board
• In conjunction with the Board, set and review annual budgets.
• Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial authority’s procedures.
• Undertake Line Management activities for any staff within Rugby League Ireland. To lead, manage and motivate the performance of the staff by the setting and reviewing of individual targets and objectives, maintain discipline, communicate appropriately and develop staff to meet business needs.
• Be responsible for ensuring and maintaining robust and effective paths of information/communication/dissemination within the organisation as a whole.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity and ensure that the culture, philosophy and processes within Rugby League Ireland and the game are free from bias and discrimination. The post holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the RFL’s Equal Opportunities Policy and all local policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
• Previous experience of responsibility within a sporting organisation
• An ability to motivate and support individuals and groups, together with practical experience of managing staff
• Experience of establishing, building and maintaining effective relationships with external groups, organisations and/or individuals especially media and funding partners
• A strong focus on customer service
• Proven Project Management experience
• Strong influencing skills, proven at a senior level
• Ability to think and act strategically
• A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Email
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work unsociable hours as required.
• Previous experience of working within a Rugby League environment
• A full, valid driving licence