Dungannon Defeat Buccaneers

2 minutes, 33 seconds Read

This was a good performance from Dungannon. Despite early pressure from Buccaneers Dungannon were in charge from the first scrum and were well worth their bonus point. Incidentally this was our first winning bonus for eighteen months.

The conditions were good considering the torrential rain of the previous day. It was Buccs who dominated the first quarter pressurising the Dungannon line in the first ten minutes. Only a tackle by David Spence and Richard Holmes which kept the ball from being grounded saved Gannon after five minutes. A thirty metre touch from James Shiells temporarily relieved the pressure but when Buccaneers were awarded a penalty on fifteen minutes scrum half Adam Kennedy converted to give the Westmeath men the lead. 0 – 3

On twenty minutes following a John McGuckin excursion up field Dungannon won a lineout and the ball went out to Paul Magee who did brilliantly to collect a difficult pass. Paul kept his feet and fed Craig Gilroy when tackled. Young Craig took his man on the outside and touched down on the left for a great try. 5 – 3

Shortly after the restart Chris Cochrane took a high kick and made ground into the Buccs half where the hungry Birch was on hand to take the pass and when he was tackled he off loaded to the supporting Nigel Brady who was not to be stopped. Two tries in five minutes really warmed the Faithful. 10 – 3

Dungannon kept on the pressure with the influence of Fitzpatrick Brady and Fitzpatrick adversely effecting the Buccs scrum. John McGuckin converted a penalty on thirty-five minutes. 13 – 3

Dungannon now had their tails up and we were treated to a fine run from Chris Cochrane before the half time whistle called a halt.

A kick deep into the Buccaneers twenty-two put Dungannon in good field position when the defender was collared by first Gilroy and then Ethan Allen. Buccs got the ball to touch but the pressure was now on. Good work by Michael Rainey and Ali Birch kept the offensive going but a promising move broke down when the ball went to ground. Although Buccs cleared their lines it was only temporary. From a scrum Mr Spence fed James Shiells who rolled out of a tackle and went through a gap to go over beside the posts after fifty-five minutes. John McGuckin converted what the Sage of Stevenson Park advises was Dungannon’s three hundredth conversion in the All Ireland League. 20 – 3

Dungannon kept pressing and despite some game defence by Buccaneers the fourth try arrived in the seventy-fifth minute. Following a great take by Michael Rainey the Dungannon maul was taken down. Dungannon elected to take a scrum from the resultant penalty and from the scrum Stuart McKenzie dived over for the bonus point try that John McGuckin again converted. 27 – 3

The game finished with Paul Magee and Ali Birch on the attack again for Dungannon.

A good performance by Dungannon with the foundations laid by the pack and the backs playing their part in an entertaining game.

The Tyrone Crystal Man of the Match was Stuart McKenzie.

Arab online casinos on ازينو على الانترنت with arab casino games.

Similar Posts