Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ Round Up Wed 23rd February 2011: Includes video interviews photographs, pictures & full report on all 3 games: Schools’ Cup Quarter Finals & Bowl Semi Final

6 minutes, 4 seconds Read

Pictures and video below of Methody v Campbell
Video & Pictures from RBAI v RS Armagh below

Northern Bank Schools’ Cup
Quarter Final Replays

R.B.A.I. 19 v 13 Royal School Armagh
M.C.B. 10 v 10 C.C..B. (Replay on Monday 28 February 2011) @ Shaws Bridge

Northern Bank Schools’ Bowl
Semi Final

Friends School Lisburn 45 v 22 Foyle and L’derry College

Future Dates:

Northern Bank Schools’ Cup

Semi Finals (at Ravenhill at 2.30 pm)
Monday 28th February 2011
R.B.A.I. v Coleraine AI
Monday 7th March 2011 (Note: change of date)
Ballyclare H S v CCB or MCB

There was one Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ Bowl semi-final as well as two Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ quarter-final replays played on Wednesday 23rd February.

At Friends’ School there was a good crowd to watch the Schools’ Bowl semi-final game with Foyle and Londonderry College.

Included in the crowd was a large number of the Rainey Endowed School 1stxv who were on a “spying mission” to watch the team they would meet in the Bowl Final. The Friends’ team started very well going on the attack from the kick off. Their enterprising approach forced the visitors into giving away an early penalty. The young Friends’ scrum half, Jack Ravey, took a quick tapped penalty which took the Foyle defence by surprise. He ran in for a try which was converted by Paul Anderson to give the Friends’ team an early 7-0 lead. From the restart the Foyle team took play deep into Friends’ School territory. They forced a charge down on a clearance kick which allowed Lee McClements to run in for a try. Neil Burns converted the try to take the score to 7-7 after only six minutes. Nine minutes later the Friends’ team extended their lead when they won a scrum against the head. The ball was quickly transferred from Dean Howes to Paddy Pringle who combined with Paul Anderson to put the full back in for a try. The try was not converted but the Friends’ team had a 12-7 lead. Foyle came back strongly but good Friends’ defence kept their line intact. However, on twenty five minutes Kyle Henderson kicked a penalty for the Foyle team to reduce the arrears to 12-10. Just before the break Paddy Pringle outpaced the Foyle defence to run in for a try.
Paul Anderson added the extras to give the Lisburn boys a well-deserved 19-10 interval lead. Early in the second half the Friends’ team was rewarded for some enterprising play when Michael Cochrane ran in for a try. Paul Anderson added the conversion to put the Lisburn team into a 26-10 lead. That was further extended when Ben McMullan won the race for the ball to touch down for an unconverted try and give his team a 31-10 lead. Midway through the second half Paddy Pringle was on the end of a flowing movement involving Rory McIvor, Dessie Eastwood and Michael Cochrane to score another try. Paul Anderson was once again successful with his conversion to see the Friends’ team into a 38-10 lead. Conor Cummings scored a try for the Foyle team four minutes to reduce the arrears to 38-15. With time running out the Friends’ team scored another try with Paul Anderson winning the chase following a kick ahead. Paul converted his try to see the home team into a 45-15 lead. On a rare excursion into Friends’ School territory Robbie Logue scored a consolation try for his Foyle team. Ian Vance converted the try to see the final score read 45-22 in favour of the Friends’ School team who will now play the Rainey Endowed team in the final of the Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ Bowl competition.

Royal Belfast Academical Institution hosted the Royal School, Armagh team in a replay of the 4th Round Ulster Schools’ Cup encounter.



In a very physical encounter at Osbourne Park, it was the home team that started strongly and took the lead when Paddy Bell crashed over for a try. Matthew McGuigan added the conversion to give the Belfast Inst team a 7-0 lead. The RS Armagh came back and took play deep into Belfast Inst territory. Harry Boyd took advantage of an infringement at the break down to convert the resultant penalty and reducer the arrears to 7-3. Inst increased their lead when George McClure ran in for a try following good work from Michael Kilpatrick and Zach Welshman. Matthew McGuigan added the conversion to put his team into a 14-3 lead. The RS Armagh responded positively with the Wright twins, Conor and Alistair, impressing with their performances at half back. They opened up an opportunity for Daniel Reaney to run in for a try. Harry Boyd was successful with the conversion to take the score to 14-10 at half time. Neil Fallon returned to the RS Armagh team following injury and was having a positive impact on their performance. However, there was little he could do the stop Kevin McLean scoring an unconverted try to give the home team a 19-10 lead. Alistair Wright kicked a second half penalty for the visitors but it was a case of too little, too late for the gallant RS Armagh team who lost the game by 19-13. Belfast Inst will now play Coleraine AI in the first of the Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ Cup Semi-Finals on Monday 28th February.
[youtube qcf1gmtfdSo]
[youtube s1eAgeXLrcE]

Methodist College and Campbell College met in their quarter-final Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ Cup replay at a packed Pirrie Park.


The Campbell team took an early 3-0 lead when Rory Scholes kicked a penalty. Five minutes later Methodist College took the lead when Matthew McFall took advantage of quick scrum ball to join the Methody line and outpace the Campbell College defence and score a fine try. The try was not converted but the home team had a 5-3 lead. For the next 15 minutes the Campbell College team dominated possession but found the Methodist College defence well organised a very disciplined. For the final few minutes of the first half the Methody team got good possession but a series of errors and turnovers ensured there were no further first half scores. The second period of play opened with both defences on top. It was midway through the second half that the deadlock was eventually broken when a Chris Best break in the middle of the pitch paved the way for Moss Rodgers to run in for a try. The conversion was added by Rory Scholes and the Campbell team now had a 10-5 lead. The Methody team laid siege on the Campbell line but continued to concede penalties and turn over ball to a Campbell College back row where Charles Gallagher was outstanding. With time running out the Methody team launched one last charge at the Campbell College line. James Harrison charged his way over for a try which was scored under the posts. The conversion was charged down so the final score read 10-10 and both teams will have to do it all again to decide which of them will go into the semi-final of the Northern Bank Ulster Schools’ Cup.

[youtube jjQ1cxpxQXU]

Arab online casinos on ازينو على الانترنت with arab casino games.

Similar Posts